Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Motion Comics

I do love me some animatin'! Only thing is, I'm an incredibly lazy human being, and the thought of pursuing any kind of professional animation like Loony Toons or Ren & Stimpy makes me feel lethargic. Luckily for me, there's a whole sub-genre of animation devoted to animating comics, Motion Comics if you will. The first time I had ever heard of this technique was with the series "Broken Saints" back in 2003. Since then, you see this sort of thing done all over iTunes, and it's pretty amazing people didn't do this more back in the day (or maybe they did and I just didn't may attention... because I'm lazy).

Anyway, I figured I'd dabble in this a little by animating two of my favorite Scholars comics from back in my earlier days of illustration. The first was about how Stan seemingly breezed through his educational career by cheating*:



*If you go to sixamcomics and type in the Konami Code, it'll bring you to this video.

The second video is a tale of the greatest "guy moment" ever witnessed in the history of men:


So yeah, there you have it. Watch em', love em', pay me money.

Seriously, pay me.
~ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment