Monday, January 16, 2012

Son'Uva ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT!!

Yeah Son'Uva!

It's like an old arch enemy, constantly coming back to mess with my brain. I had all but given up hope of ever getting this game finished due mostly to the fact that my knowledge of any real coding is slim to nothing... Well, at least something about me is slim these days. However, I don't like to think of myself as a quitter and by giving up hope of ever getting this game done, that's pretty much the definition of a quitter. So this weekend, I buckled down and spend hours plotting out the actual logic for allowing a user to control a character using their keyboard. Now, before all you real coders start calling me a n00b, keep in mind that I, well... Am totally a n00b. So don't judge me! The tricky part wasn't so much telling the character to throw a punch when the user clicks "Z", the tricky part was telling the game what to do when the user clicks "Z" at the same time as "UP" and "RIGHT". There's literally an infinite number of multiple keystroke scenarios and every single one nearly popped a brain vessel when I sat down and thought it through. Such a pain!

Yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense (to you OR to me) so I suppose you should just play around with what I was able to pump out this weekend and let your brain numb itself for a few moments. Have fun controlling the dark, mysterious MAITH:

Click it up:
Z, X, C, V, B,
~ Mark

Creative Commons License
Sonuva by Mark Marianelli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment