Saturday, August 15, 2009

City of Heroes

So yes, my brother is getting married today! Now, you may be thinking, what does that have to do with this picture of superheroes being strangled by a giant octopus? Well, you can either assume that it means marriage will squeeze the life out of him... which may or may not be an appropriate assumption... or you can guess the other obvious answer (based on 90% of my portfolio posts)... which is that I made this for him as a gift. Now, this isn't his wedding gift necessarily... that would be out of place... no, I bought him a spice rack... whatever, it was in the registry. But I figured I'd make him a drawing to sweeten the gift pot. We used to (and still do from time to time) play a game called "City of Heroes"... which is basically your typical online game where you run around, get levels, be a nerd... only this game is awesome because you design and create your very own unique superhero. In this case, Brian (my brother) was Sexy Stud, and I was Azriel Reaper... which wasn't really all that funny by comparison, but he was an awesome character. There was a giant octopus in the game as well that you had to fight. It was an epic battle. We used these characters from 2004–2006... which is when we retired them for "Villains". I intend to make two more of these pictures for him each with our other characters from various years. Dorky or not, they're fun to draw and a lot more colorful then most of the stuff I make. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I have to get ready for a wedding! Oh yeah, 100 degree Texas whether and heavy tuxes. Should be a ball.

Here comes the groomsman,
~ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment