Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sonuva part IV

So not a ton of changes since yesterday... I've finished the animations for the character, Sonuva. I'm pretty happy with how she turned out, I have to admit I was getting a little worried that she wouldn't come out so great... Shamefully, I regurgitated a ton of her animations for different moves, specifically her finisher. Because she's the game's boss, her moves are a little unbalanced when compared to other fighters... and when you watch the animation below, you'll see I gave her the ability to resurrect herself... though I'm still sorting out how that function will work in the game when the player is controlling her.

The link below features all three characters to date with all their animations (Hunter and Nark share the same animations except for their finishers)... again, this is violent, so don't watch it if you're not in to that sort of thing...

http://www.6amcomics.com/sonuva/sonuva/sonuvaUpdate

In regards to Sonuva's finisher, it's not remotely what I originally planned it to be. I was thinking of having her force her opponent to perform his/her finisher on themselves... I may explore that again at some point, but for now, this new one works much nicer and was much, much easier to animate... not that I'm above difficult tasks... The spine slipping out at the end is my own little homage to Mortal Kombat's infamous "Spine-Rip"... but to everybody else, it probably just looks like the body grew a tail... c'est la vie.

So next I'll be working on Azriel's animations... if you haven't seen the original post on this game than you probably don't have a clue who that is... but I forgive you, pumpkin. I probably won't resume work on this till' Thursday... I'm almost positive my girlfriend will kill me if I skip out on our plans tomorrow...

Flawless Victory. Fatality.
~ Mark

Creative Commons License
Sonuva by Mark Marianelli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment: