Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sonuva: End of a Legacy

If there's one character in this game that's been a thorn in my side, it's Legacy. He's huge, his movements are limited, his body is close to impossible to animate and he can't succumb to normal finishers... Which means I had to go and create a custom death animation for him.

...

And ironically, this is going to save me OODLES of time when I'm finishing up, but I won't bore you with the details of that one. What I can say though is this means he most likely won't be a playable character come time for production. Sad times, but I'm over it.

Below is Legacy's death animation. You'll see how it transitions the background nicely into the next, and maybe the second background will now make more sense... Basically, Legacy (in a nutshell) is like Hell's encasing, so when he dies, all the souls of the wicked get released... And tear him a new one.

Click the animation below and enjoy the gory goodness! (Just refresh the page if you want to watch it more than once, sorry, I was too lazy to create a loop)


Hell hath no fury!
~ Mark

Creative Commons License
Sonuva by Mark Marianelli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment