Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sonuva part XXIII

SON'UVA STILL LIVES!

Yeah, I haven't taken a break from this magnificent piece of gaming to simply do a bunch of parody state ads with photos I didn't even take. I ran into a few snags this week with the production of one of the stages... i.e. It kept coming out like crap. But, trial and error, all is well with the stage and I'm ready to show you how it's coming... complete with the working progress on the HUD system... which will definitely need some work, but I threw it in there to give you the full effect. Don't say I never did anything for you... Which I don't think you've ever said... But I guess that depends on who's reading this...

The stage I've been working on was from a sketch I showed you in a previous post: The Pinkerton Clock Tower... I know, when you look at this, it won't look too much like a clock tower, but there's going to be two levels to this stage. I don't know if any of you ever played Mortal Kombat 3, but there were stages where you could uppercut your opponent and send them flying through the roof and into another stage altogether... well I'm going to give that a whirl with Son'Uva... But no promises, I don't know what kind of development will have to go into that...

You can view the animation here:
http://www.6amcomics.com/sonuva/pinkerton

You'll notice there's some winging hooks in the background... we'll have to see what carnage comes from those... But in the meantime, use your imagination. Smiley Face, Winky Face.

So there you have it. The first background stage to Son'Uva! Hook me up with some feedback...

Tick Tock,
~ Mark

Creative Commons License
Sonuva by Mark Marianelli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

8 comments:

  1. You must be in a good mood man. The beautiful day and bright red bricks are a bit cheery don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good point... The red bricks are there because the Pinkerton Tower it's based off of has red brick work... The sunny day won't be a sunny day when I'm done, I just grabbed that from another picture so I'd have something to throw back there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I may still throw some blood stains for mold or something on those bricks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. But also, if you remember the first mortal kombat, most of the stages were outside on a sunny day...

    http://www.fdmk.net/fdmk_images/encyclopedia/arenas/mk/mk_courtyard.png

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done little to none for me as well. But this helps..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two take nothing I do seriously... NOTHING!!

    ReplyDelete