Monday, June 20, 2011

Son'Uva Status Update

You know, I've put in about 5 or 6 hours worth of work on Son'Uva this weekend and yet I have nothing to really show for it... The sad thing is, once you get to the point I'm at with a game like this, a lot of the work becomes technical and less creative.

For example, this weekend was almost entirely devoted to duplicating the animations for the fighters on the receiving end of the finishers... So if I had an animation of one person getting burnt to a crisp, decapitated, mauled to death, etc... I have to make that same animation for every other character... Which is tedious at best. I've spent so much time swapping out symbols that I literally looked for a "SWAP" button on my cloths this morning when I needed to get changed... I also looked for an "Undo" button when I passed gas in church.

Needless to say, I'm not going to show you 10 animations of Gazael finishing each fighter sequentially (though it was a tempting thought), I'll just show you Archfiend's "defeated" animation and call it a night. It's the only real updated I made this weekend that's new from a visual standpoint.


It may be this way for a little while,
~ Mark

Creative Commons License
Sonuva by Mark Marianelli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment