Thursday, April 8, 2010

Old Work HD

I dusted off my external hard drive today to find some very interesting pieces...

Within that hard drive was a folder titled "WorkHD"... I honestly can't resist something like that, you know there's going to be tons of files that have absolutely nothing to do with anything work related... because let's face it, I never had much assigned to me there so I spent many days looking for ways to amuse myself...

... I'm so glad I opened that folder.

I don't know if anybody is familiar with an old Christian singer from the 80's/90's called "Carman"... but I used to idolize the man... His music is incredibly outdated now, but he's still a good guy, has his head on straight. But man, oh man... MAN! He had an album waaaaaaay back in the day called "Carman: Coming On Strong"... and I just couldn't help myself when I saw the image on iTunes... I couldn't help but make a follow up album...


Yeah, I know... all kinds of wrongness going on there... But let's move to a more lighter tone of entertainment... Propaganda Art! Hey, say what you will about Communism and Dictatorships, they have some SWEET graphic designers working for them... whether by will or not.


I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but there was a magazine article that John McCain did during the elections (with Obama... in case someone is reading this 100 years from now... when I'm a killer cyborg reanimated and reprogrammed to hunt mutants in the wastelands of the former United States of Canada... formerly known as America)... guess there was some controversy over the photos taken of him. Turns out the photographer had an agenda to make McCain look like a communist dictator... Truth is, she actually gained that man a vote. My vote. I'd vote for anybody who looked this awesome...

Though I suppose nobody else thought this kind of imagery portrayed the qualities one looks for in a leader... It's a shame so many haven't read the Communist Manifesto...

Speaking of getting messages across, look! ... I made speakers!


OBEY,
~ Mark

1 comment: