Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Caring for Clayton

This was a flier I did for my sister-in-law's sister and husband. It was for a benefit they hosted to raise money to help support their son, Clayton, who due to complications at birth suffers from Cerebral Palsy and Quadriplegia. I had done a flier for the parents in 2007, which I assume they liked, and so they asked me to make another for the following year, 2008.

The style of this flier is a bit of a different feel when compared to most of my work, but a previous job opened my mind to the joys of simplicity. I did something very different from the previous year's flier, which came out really well, but was a little cluttered in my opinion. I was inspired by a Graphic Designer named Saul Bass, who had done some amazing work with the opening titles of the movie "Vertigo".

I kept it to about four colors (save for the photo of Clayton) and used simple shapes which represented the "Murder Mystery Dinner" which was the theme of the evening... I figured a designer who worked on Alfred Hitchcock movies was an appropriate choice of inspiration for the event. There were two other color themes (blue and green), but ultimately the victor went to orange... which was the original color I used.

Murder was the case that they gave me,
~ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment