Friday, July 17, 2009

Joanasaurus Rex

So I have this friend in Florida. Her name's Joana. She's Brazilian and she plays the guitar. So why, might you ask, have I depicted her as a dinosaur?

Well, it's not really that interesting a story, but she was roommates with a really good friend of mine. This friend of mine got stuck in Haiti on a missions trip because her passport got stolen. So her roommate, Joana, informed me of my friend's situation...

At the time, I'm not sure I knew her name very well, so I had been referring to her as "Roommate X"... Though it was a long name to call her every time we spoke, and let's face it, once a nickname has been established, you can't revert to calling people by their real name. That's just silly.

So Roommate X slowly evolved into a highly shortened version of her nickname. Rex. Which was soon modified to the dreaded "Joanasaurus Rex"... okay, so maybe this is longer than the original nickname, but it's got so much more pizazz, wouldn't you agree?

Oh, and my friend in Haiti made it back just fine.

Rawr!
~ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment