Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Women of Worth

So, this particular logo is somewhat of an oddball in my portfolio. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the cause, I just don't usually get asked to do graphic design for women's retreats... I was actually quite flattered.

Despite how it appears, I actually didn't use pink because it had to do with women, I chose it because it looked nice. I tried a wide assortment of colors and this was the best choice... besides, I think pink is becoming more of a guy thing than a girl thing anyway, what with the whole metro movement and all... I'm still planning to get on board with that... I'm sure it'll be out of style by the time I arrive in all my Metro glory... maybe it'll still be big in Europe.

This design was used on a t-shirt for a women's church retreat in Fort Myers, Florida. They pretty much went for the first design I showed them, though we did play around with the idea of the "O" being a ruby to coincide with the verse (Proverbs 3:15). In the end, the ruby didn't look right with the design... so I win. The flame above the "O" is symbolic of the Holy Spirit, and was meant to show how the Spirit is with God's women.

In the end, this project was highly beneficial to my knowledge of design, mainly in terms of minimalism; something I'm a big fan of, but normally not confident enough to attempt.

WOW!
~ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment